Fixed Plant Operator
- 8/7/7/6 Roster
- Offering FIFO from Cairns/Towsnville/Brisbane
- Opportunity to join a diverse and close-knit team.
- Ernest Henry Operation, QLD
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
Ernest Henry Mining is a copper and gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres north east of Cloncurry in North West Queensland. Originally an open pit mine, Ernest Henry Mining transitioned to underground mining in 2011 and includes a copper concentrator and numerous support services.
About the role
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will play a key role in operating fixed plant equipment and maintaining mine dewatering in a sub-level caving environment. Integrated tool carriers, excavator, forklift, scissor lift, are some of the mobile equipment you will be expected to operate.
This position is residentially based in Cloncurry, DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Townsville or Cairns. The successful candidate will work twelve (12) hour shifts on an eight (8) days on, seven (7) days off, seven (7) nights on and six (6) days off roster.
This role will also be responsible for:
- Provide timely and insightful reporting and analysis in relation to the business.
- Key contributor of the annual operating budgets, periodic forecasts, and LOM plans (operating and capital) for the site, including provision of models and analyses.
- Manage and report on Capital Projects Approval and spending, ensuring rigorous, consistent capital expenditure processes are applied.
- Oversee the Commercial Administration function at the site.
- Manage documentation and records to support all transactions.
- Ensure the completion and submission of Statutory, Government and Industry requested statistical data.
You will have demonstrated experience as a Fixed Plant Operator or equivalent in mining. You must be able to build relationships and trust with the team and stakeholders across the site.
- Demonstrate and promote a high level of safety commitment;
- Competently operate fixed plant equipment as well as Mobile equipment in a safe and efficient manner;
- Self-motivated and ability to work alone and in a team environment;
- Communicate with shift Supervisor and also make key decisions;
- Work within a dynamic team, demonstrating a proactive attitude and high work standards
Closing date: 4th February 2022
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
Fixed Plant Operator